Source: Press Information Bureau
Ministry of AYUSH has conceptualized AYUSH GRID Project for digitising AYUSH healthcare delivery at all levels. In this regard the Ministries of AYUSH and Electronics and Information Technology signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on the digitization of the AYUSH sector
In pursuance to the National Health Policy 2017 and e-governance initiative, the Ministry of AYUSH aims to digitise the entire AYUSH leading to transformation in the field of health care delivery at all levels, in addition to greater research, education, delivery of various healthcare programmes and better drug regulations
The main components of AYUSH GRID Project are as under:
- Health Services
- Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes
- Citizen Centric Services
- Drug Licencing Portal
- Media Outreach
- The project intends to develop a network of People, Knowledge and Technology for radical, sustainable and wholesome transformation of AYUSH sector, and play a pivotal role in taking care of holistic health care needs (i.e. curative, preventive and promotive health) and socio- economic wellbeing of Indian citizens and further extending the benefits to the entire world population.
- The project also intends to create an organic and dynamic information and communication technology (ICT) powered network interconnecting all streams of AYUSH in their key functional areas viz. health care delivery, capacity building, research & development, AYUSH drug regulation and education.
- This will be beneficial for all stakeholders of AYUSH and also helpful for effective governance. Strategies for development will be in sync with the national and international policies and health care needs.
- The AYUSH Grid Project is the proposed IT backbone for the entire AYUSH sector covering the healthcare systems Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homoeopathy.
- Importance: AYUSH Grid is envisaged as an omnibus digital eco- system that would lead to all round development of the AYUSH sector in fields of healthcare delivery at all levels, research, education, schemes and various health programs.