In news : AYUSH GRID to operationally integrate with National Digital Health Mission
What is AYUSH GRID?
The Ministry of AYUSH has initiated steps to set up a nationwide digital platform called “AYUSH GRID” which aims to bring onboard all AYUSH facilities including hospitals and laboratories and to promote traditional systems of healthcare.
The Ministry of AYUSH has conceptualized AYUSH GRID Project for digitalization of the entire AYUSH Sector.
More about AYUSH GRID
The Ayush Grid project was initiated by the Ministry in 2018 for creating a comprehensive IT backbone for the entire sector.
Components of AYUSH GRID
The components of Ayush Grid initiative will cover all the verticals of the Ayush Sector, like Health Services, Education, Ayush Research, Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes, Training Programmes, Citizen Centric Services, Drug Licencing Portal, and Media Outreach.
Projects under Ayush GRID
- Under the Ayush Grid, a customised IT course for Ayush Professionals was developed in collaboration with C-DAC, Pune
- Another success of Ayush Grid is the development and implementation of the Ayush Sanjivani mobile app and the Yoga locator mobile app, to meet the urgent demands of the concerned Divisions of the Ministry
- An ambitious project to support Ayush education is being launched with the name Ayush Next
Earlier name: National Ayush and Standardized Terminologies Electronic Portal
What is it?
It is the comprehensive web-portal for Standardized Terminologies and National Morbidity Codes of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani Systems of Medicine and WHO-ICD-10 and ICD-11.
The Ministry of AYUSH is actively engaging with WHO for development of Standardized Terminologies of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani systems of Medicine and also the NAMASTE Portal is being maintained successfully and the collection of Morbidity statistics through National Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani Morbidity codes are being successfully undertaken through the portal.
Mission of the portal
- Pan India implementation of ASU National Morbidity Codes for reporting morbidity and treatment outcome along with ICD(International Classification of Diseases)-10/11 (DUAL CODING System).
- Pan India Implementation of ICD-10/11 Disease Codes for Yoga, Naturopathy and Homoeopathy Systems of Medicine for reporting morbidity and treatment outcome.
- Serve as reference repository of A-S-U terminologies and Morbidity Codes for further development of A-S-U international terminologies and ICD-11 morbidity Codes.
World Health Organization Classifications
WHO is responsible for three primary reference classifications: International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI)
National Digital Health Mission(NDHM)
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has formulated the NDHM
- It aims to develop the backbone necessary to support the integrated digital health infrastructure of the country.
- It will bridge the existing gap amongst different stakeholders of the Healthcare ecosystem through digital highways.