The Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of AYUSH have decided to work together to set up an Export Promotion Council to boost AYUSH exports.
Trade and commerce in the AYUSH Sector needed to upscale quickly in order to meet the growing demands from India and abroad, and to serve the larger number of people who are now looking up to these systems for maintaining their health
- It was decided in the review that the entire AYUSH sector will work together to achieve price and quality competitiveness to boost AYUSH exports
- The proposed AEPC can be housed at Ministry of AYUSH.
- It was decided that standardisation of HS code for AYUSH will be expedited.
- Ministry of AYUSH will work in collaboration with Bureau of Indian standards to develop international standards for AYUSH products as well as services.
- Ministry of AYUSH and AYUSH industry will identify best practices/ success stories and promote them amongst the public.
- AYUSH industry will work on ensuring quality and standards of AYUSH products as well as to become price-competitive.
- AYUSH will figure in the Brand India activities.