Ministry of AYUSH in collaboration with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has implemented a project viz Integration of AYUSH (Ayurveda) with National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardio-vascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS) program in the identified Districts.
- For comprehensive management of lifestyle related disorders, a pilot project on ‘Integration of AYUSH with NPCDCS’ has been initiated in six districts(as in 2017), namely;
- Bhilwara (Rajasthan), Gaya (Bihar), Surendranagar (Gujarat) under Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
- Lakhimpur-Kheri (Uttar Pradesh) under Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM); and Krishna (Andhra Pradesh) and Darjeeling (West Bengal) under Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH).
- Synergy is being harnessed between the Allopathy system under NPCDCS and the alternative systems of medicine under AYUSH, for prevention and management of ‘lifestyle-related’ common NCDs.
- Besides health promotion and patient management services at the NCD/Lifestyle Clinics, training on Yoga are also provided through an integrated Yoga programme.
- The government is planning to expand NPCDCS-AYUSH integration project to more districts of the country.