In news- The Ministry of Heavy Industries has launched Automated Online Data Transfer for capturing critical data related to Domestic Value Addition (DVA) from the PLI applicant’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning ) system to PLI Auto Portal.
What is it?
- Under the newly launched system, the critical data would be transferred from the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to the PLI auto portal of the ministry.
- All approved applicants of the PLI Scheme have their own ERP system. ERP is a type of software that organisations use to manage business activities.
- The IT enabled system has been devised to enable smooth transfer of data from applicant’s existing ERP system to the PLI Auto portal of MHI in a safe environment.
- The Application Programming Interface (API) will get embedded with the ERP system of the applicant and will enable automaticity and paperless processing in this scheme.
- This facility eliminates that voluminous paperwork by bringing in automation.
PLI Scheme for Automobile and Auto Component Industry-
- The Government has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Automobile and Auto Component Industry in India (PLI-Auto) for enhancing India’s manufacturing capabilities for Advanced Automotive Products (AAT) with a budgetary outlay of ₹25,938 crore.
- The scheme shall bring in incremental production of AAT products of over ₹2.3 lakh crore.
- The PLI-Auto Scheme proposes financial incentives to boost domestic manufacturing of Advanced Automotive Technology (AAT) products and attract investments in the automotive manufacturing value chain.
- It incentivizes only those eligible AAT products for which minimum 50% Domestic Value Addition (DVA) is achieved.
- Pre-approved eligible products with minimum 50% domestic value addition will be eligible for incentive under this scheme.
- This criterion shall reduce imports from outside India, enable deep localization for AAT products in India and enable Indian Automotive Industry to important player of global supply chain.