In news– Recently, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) a PSU under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has announced the launch of automated fuelling technology “UFill” for customers.
- UFill” – a digital customer experience which delivers on BPCL’s promise of ensuring that their customers have complete control over Time, Technology and Transparency as part of their fuelling experience.
- The UFill proposition has been launched in 65 cities across India and will soon be launched across the country.
- Adding to transparency and convenience, if the amount paid in advance is partially used, the balance amount is immediately refunded to the bank account of the customer.
- If not used within 48 hours, the money paid in advance is automatically refunded to the bank account from where debited.
- It is effective across the stakeholder chain right from the Company officials to end-users including Dealers, Managers and Driveway Salesmen (DSM).
- The UFill functionality does not need any App download.
- It is payment App agnostic ( i.e. customer can use any payment app already downloaded on his / her phone like GPay, PayTM, PhonePe etc), offers real time QR and voucher code through SMS and is accepted at all BPCL Fuel Stations where the functionality is enabled.
- With the dispensing unit getting automatically preset for the value of fuel paid for by him/her in advance and eliminates any manual intervention at the point of sale.
- Thus, no need to check zero before fuelling or final reading, the dispensing unit will automatically dispense the exact quantity of fuel.
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)-
- Founded in 1952, BPCL is an Indian government-owned oil and gas corporation.
- The company today known as BPCL started off as Rangoon Oil and Exploration company set up to explore the new discoveries off Assam and Burma during the British colonial rule of India.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It operates two large refineries in Kochi and Mumbai.
- BPCL is a Maharatna PSU.