- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Market 2021-2026 Business Growth, Key Future Scope, Competitive Landscape, Opportunity Analysis, Research Report by MarketDigits.
What Is Virtual Reality?
- Virtual Reality or known as VR helps in creating a stimulus of the environment with the help of computer programming.
- In Layman’s terms, it is a technological illusion created to give a real-time effect for an individual.
- It does not involve a screen for viewing but has special VR devices giving you a three-dimensional experience.
- With the combined simulation of various human senses, the computer transforms the algorithms into a code so we can enjoy a first-person mode similar to computer gaming.
- Visual creations and display technology make VR stand out from the traditional user interface of operating on TV or computer screens.
- With the introduction to new technology and various software, the VR devices are also upgrading accordingly and various companies have entered the competition in producing high-end VR devices like Oculus Quest, PlayStation, and even Google.
- The best advantage of VR technology is that you can use it anywhere, let it be your home or office, just taking a break from your busy schedule and mounting a VR-helmet on top of your head brings out the inner you in a fraction of seconds.
- Virtual reality is kind of an artificial one.
Features of Virtual Reality
- The device is basically a head-mounted display (HMD).
- It is highly compatible and light-weight giving the advantage of a fun experience, especially for game consoles.
- Has the advantage of place and time transitions.
- Makes education process simple
- Creating a realistic world
- 3D experience
- High-quality graphics
- Limited mobility due to illusions created
- Technology is very complicated
What Is Augmented Reality?
- The projection of real-world experience with the help of technology onto different devices or screens was once beyond imagination for mankind.
- However, with speedy growth in scientific inventions, it has become a part of life.
- Augmented Reality or AR is similar to Virtual Reality but not the same.
- It is an enhanced version of reality for adding digital information to a pre-existing technology.
Features Augmented Reality
- It is used for many smartphone applications and mostly it is focused on the usage of its camera.
- The camera is an essential component for its projection. Games are played on a greater scale using AR technology.
- When used properly can provide the best real-world effects and scenes.
- Strong functionality
- Best use for smartphones
- Can be upgraded with new versions of handsets
- Some headsets are very expensive
- Limited display radius
- Not usable for all devices
- Internet connection is a must
Major Differences Between VR vs AR
- It has the ability to let its user travel to different locations with the help of a VR device.
- Thus, the user can translocate himself from place to place with the help of its technology.
- VR headsets are the most popular forms of it. These days we have an application called 360 degrees view which enables us to view a certain element from all angles. This is also an example of Virtual Reality.
- The Augmented technique helps you to create a digital scenario rather than giving you the feature of teleporting to various places virtually.
- It is rather a good choice as it helps you locate places of your choice with the help of the AR application.
- As mentioned earlier, maps prove to be the best version of Augmented Reality.
- The number of services offered on the internet such as different apps and games merging real-life locations and scenarios with GPS technology is a form of this reality.
Source: livescience.com & DownToEarth