In news– North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDFi) has introduced Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme for the Artisans under the Ministry of Development of North-East Region(MoDoner)
About the scheme-
- Objective of the scheme is to develop the petty artisans of the North Eastern Region by providing financial assistance in the form of term loan for income generating activities for setting up / expansion / modernization / working capital requirement and other activities related to the sector.
- The credit facility under the scheme is collateral free and carries a subsidized interest rate of 6% p.a., which is repayable in 24 months.
- For regular repayment, an incentive of 1% on the interest rate is provided, which will be refunded to the artisans on successful repayment of loans.
- Artisans can apply for the scheme at NEDFi with the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered/ unregistered artisan/ Individual.
- Having valid qualification or practicing any art form.
- No existing loan from any other bank/ financial institution.
- Bank Account.
- Aadhaar Card.
About North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDFi)-
- It is a premier financial institution in the North-Eastern Region with its head office at Dispur, Guwahati and branch offices all across North-Eastern Region
- It was establishment in 1995.
- It was notified as a Public Financial Institution under Section 4A of the Companies Act 1956 and was registered as an NBFC in 2002 with RBI.
- Over the years, the Corporation has provided loans to over 7500 projects and taken up several development initiatives through its CSR activities in the eight states of North-East India.