In news– Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021 has been released by the Ministry of Education recently.
About ARIIA rankings-
- It is a unique joint initiative of the Ministry of Education and AICTE to systematically rank higher educational institutions in India on indicators related to Innovation, Startup and Entrepreneurship Development amongst students and faculty.
- ARIIA critically evaluates institutions on parameters like patent filing and grants, number of registered students and faculty startups, fund generation by incubated startups, specialized infrastructure created by institutions to promote innovation and entrepreneurship, etc.
- ARIIA-2021 ranks was announced in 9 separate categories which includes-
- Centrally funded technical institutions (e.g. IITs, NITs, etc).
- State Universities.
- State standalone Technical colleges.
- Private universities.
- Private standalone technical colleges.
- Non-technical government and private universities and institutions.
- The top position has been achieved by IIT Madras, the most innovative educational institute of India in the technical category. IIT Madras has won this recognition for the third time in a row.
- Moreover, , IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kharagpur are among the top 10 institutions in the list.
- Other institutes like Panjab University and Delhi Technical University got top position in the ‘University & Deemed to be University (Govt. & Govt. Aided) (Technical)’ category.
- In the University & Deemed to be University (Govt. & Govt. Aided) (Technical) category, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology and Chitkara University achieved first and second rank respectively.
- The Colleges/Institutes (Govt. & Govt. Aided) (Technical)’ awards have been given to College of Engineering, Pune and PSG College of Technology.
- Under ‘non-technical institutions’, the top central universities were Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi, and the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode.