People who lost jobs in lockdowns can now claim 50% of their salary under ABVKY
About Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana (ABVKY)
- ABVKY scheme is a welfare measure for employees covered under Section 2(9) of ESI Act, 1948, in the form of relief payment upto 90 days, once in a lifetime
- The Scheme was introduced in July 2018 on pilot basis for a period of two years initially.
- The scheme has now been extended for another one year i.e. from 1st July 2020 to 30th June, 2021.
- It has also been decided to enhance the rate of unemployment relief under the scheme to 50% of wages from earlier rate of 25% along with relaxation in eligibility conditions, with the following conditions;
- the Insured Person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years immediately before her/his unemployment and should have contributed for not less than 78 days in the contribution period immediately preceding to unemployment and
- minimum 78 days in one of the remaining three contribution periods in two years prior to unemployment.
- In a significant relaxation, relief shall become due for payment after 30 days from date of unemployment and claim can be submitted directly to the designated ESIC Branch Office by the worker.
- The enhanced benefit and relaxed conditions are applicable during the period 24th March 2020 to 31st December 2020.
- Claims to get the relief can be made online at website www.esic.in along with submission of the physical claim with an affidavit, photocopy of Aadhaar Card and Bank Account details to the designated ESIC Branch Office by post or in person