Recently, the Union Education Minister inaugurated 46 online AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs)
AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy
The first ATAL Academy and NWRO was announced with establishment of ATAL Academy in the country at Jaipur, Vadodara, Guwahati & Trivandrum by the then Hon’ble Union Minister, Human Resource Development(now Education Minister) on 24.9.2018
Objectives of ATAlL academies
- To plan and help in imparting quality technical education in the country
- To support technical institutions in fostering research, innovation and entrepreneurship through training in various emerging areas
- To stress upon empowering technical teachers & technicians using Information & Communication Technology
- To utilize SWAYAM platform and other resource for the delivery of trainings.
- To provide a variety of opportunities for training and exchange of experiences.
- Such as workshops, Orientations, learning communities, peer mentoring and other
- faculty development programmes.
- To support policy makers for incorporating training as per requirements
Thrust areas of ATAL
The nine thrust areas are as follows:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Block Chain
- Quantum computers
- Data sciences
- Cyber security
- 3D printing & Design
- Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality
Faculty Development Programme(FDP)
The scheme is intended to Institutions for induction training to teachers employed in AICTE approved Technical Institutions to facilitate up-gradation of knowledge and skill. Rs 5-7 Lakh are granted for the 2 weeks FDP.