The Aspirational District Programme was launched by Prime Minister in January this year with an aim to rapidly transform the districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas.
The broad contours of the programme are:
- Convergence (of Central & State Schemes),
- Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors)
- Competition among districts driven by a mass movement or a Jan Andolan
To enable optimum utilisation of their potential, this program focuses closely on improving people’s ability to participate fully in the burgeoning economy.
- Health & nutrition
- Agriculture & water resources,
- Financial inclusion
- Skill development, and
- Basic infrastructure are this programme’s core areas of focus.