The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the following w.r.t. ASHA Facilitators:
- Enrolment of ASHA facilitators under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana as part of ASHA Benefit package.
- To motivate ASHA facilitators to perform better, the supervisory visit charges for ASHA Facilitators has been increased from 250/-per visit to Rs.300/- per visit.
- With the approved increase, ASHA Facilitators would receive about 6000 per month against Rs.5000 per month that is an increase of Rs.1000/- per month.
- 41,405 ASHA facilitators
- This is in addition to the following benefits extended by earlier Cabinet Decision on 19.9.2018:
- Coverage of 1063670 ASHAs and ASHA Facilitators under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Increase in routine and recurring incentives from 1000/- per month to Rs.2000/- per month.