Recently, WHO has lauded Aarogya Setu, a mobile application that was launched by the Government of India for protecting the citizens during COVID-19.
What is Arogya setu?
- Aarogya Setu is a digital service, primarily a mobile application, developed by the Government of India and is aimed at protecting the citizens during COVID-19.
- It is designed to augment the initiatives of the Government of India by informing the people of their potential risk of COVID-19 infection and the best practices to be followed to stay healthy, as well as providing them relevant and curated medical advisories, as per MoHFW and ICMR guidelines, pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How does it work?
Aarogya Setu uses contact tracing to record details of all the people you may have come in contact with, as you go about your normal activities. If anyone of them, at a later point in time, tests positive for COVID-19, you are immediately informed and proactive medical intervention is arranged for you.
The key features of Aarogya Setu include:
- Automatic contact tracing using Bluetooth
- Self-Assessment test based on ICMR guidelines
- Risk Status of User
- Updates, advisory and best practices related to COVID-19
- Geo-location based COVID-19 statistics
- Nationwide COVID-19 statistics
- Emergency COVID-19 Helpline contacts
- List of ICMR approved Labs with COVID-19 testing facilities
- e-Pass integration
- Support for 12 Languages