In News: Joint User Trials for Helina (Army Version) and DhruvAstra (Air Force Version) Missile Systems were carried out from Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) platform in desert ranges on Friday.
- Helina, which is the helicopter-launched version of the Nag missile system, is a third-generation fire and forget class anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) system mounted on the ALH.
- The system has all- weather day and night operational capabilities and can defeat battle tanks with conventional armour as well as explosive reactive armour (ERA).
- The Helina missile can engage targets both in direct hit mode as well as top attack mode.
- The Helina has also undergone successful trials in 2018.
- Air Force Version Missile Systems
- While the Helina weapon system has been developed for the Indian Army, its IAF variant Dhruvastra has also been developed by the DRDO and now both variants are ready for induction into services.