Recently, the final user trial of 3rd generation Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) NAG was carried out from the Pokhran range. This was launched from NAG Missile Carrier NAMICA
About Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) NAG
- ATGM NAG has been developed by DRDO to engage highly fortified enemy tanks in day and night conditions.
- The missile has “Fire & Forget” “Top Attack” capabilities with passive homing guidance to defeat all MBTs equipped with composite and reactive armour.
- The NAG missile carrier NAMICA is a BMP II based system with amphibious capability. With this final user trial, NAG will enter into the production phase.
- The missile will be produced by Defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), whereas Ordnance Factory Medak will produce the NAMICA
- Nag missile was developed under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Nag uses an imaging infra-red seeker to lock on to the target before launch
- It has a minimum range of 500 metres and a maximum range of four kilometres.