Recently a three-day Flamingo Festival was held in Pulicat Lake, Nellore District
- Flamingos are a type of wading bird in the family Phoenicopteridae
- There are four flamingo species distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- The greater flamingo is the tallest of the six different species of flamingos
- Flamingos have slender legs, long, graceful necks, large wings, and short tails. They range from about 90 to 150 cm (3 to 5 feet) tall.
- Many migratory birds visit Pulicat Lake, the largest brackish water ecosystem in the country next to Chilka Lake in Odisha, between October and March every year for breeding Flamingo is one of them.