Source: PIB & Economic Times
Key Highlights of the campaign
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry launched the ‘Angikaar campaign’, a move aimed at bringing beneficiaries of PMAY (urban) into the fold of other central schemes such as Ujjawala and Ayushman Bharat.
- Angikaar has been launched for social behaviour change, focusing on issues such as water & energy conservation, waste management, health, tree plantation, sanitation and hygiene for beneficiaries of completed houses under PMAY (U), through community mobilization and IEC activities
- The ‘Angikaar’ aims at reaching out to all the beneficiaries of the PMAY(U) in a phased manner.
- The campaign will be initiated in all target cities on 2nd October 2019 commemorating 150th Gandhi Jayanti after the preparatory phase and culminate on the occasion of Human Rights Day, 10th December 2019.
- The campaign will include door to door activities, ward, and city-level events.
The e-course on Vulnerability Atlas
- It is offered by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs in collaboration of the School of Planning & Architecture (SPA), New Delhi and Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC)
- It is a unique course that offers awareness and understanding about natural hazards, helps identify regions with high vulnerability with respect to various hazards (earthquakes, cyclones, landslides, floods, etc.) and specifies the district-wise level of damage risks to the existing housing stock.
- The e-course will be a tool for effective & efficient disaster mitigation & management in the field of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Urban & Regional Planning, Housing & Infrastructure Planning, Construction Engineering & Management, and Building & Materials Research.