- ANGAN 2.0 was organised by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, in collaboration with Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation (SDC) under the Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP).
- The objective of this conference is to promote a healthy ecosystem which was mentioned at COP 26 in Glasgow by the Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi on LiFE (Lifestyle And Environment) and Panchamrit, aiming to make India Net Zero by 2070.
- This conference also hosted an exhibition of various low carbon products, technologies and innovations applicable in the building sector.
Indo-Swiss Building Energy Efficiency Project (BEEP)-
- It is a collaborative project between the Government of India and the Government of Switzerland.
- BEEP works with a range of stakeholders across India, including building planners and designers; builders; policy makers; educators, students, and young professionals.
- Over this period, BEEP has provided technical support to BEE in the formulation of Eco-Niwas Samhita (energy conservation building code for residential buildings), design of around 50 buildings and trained more than 5000 building sector professionals.
- It also work alongside national and international organizations and initiatives to promote local achievements in the field of EETC building design in tropical climates and put them on the global map.
- The National Energy Efficiency Roadmap for Movement towards Affordable and Natural habitat (NEERMAN) Awards for Energy Efficient Building Design in India.
- The NEERMAN Awards is given for two categories of buildings:
- During the same event, winners of the BEE’s 1st NEERMAN Awards were felicitated.
These awards are institutionalised with the objective to acknowledge and encourage exemplary building designs complying with BEE’s Eco-Niwas Samhita (ENS) and Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC).