LIC of India has launched a digital application – ANANDA
About Ananda app
- It will facilitate the process of proposal completion which is totally paperless and completely digital.
- ANANDA will enable an agent to complete a policy even without physically meeting the customer
- One prerequisite would be that the mobile number of the customer should be mapped with his Aadhar.
A brief note on Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC)
- LIC is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment corporation owned by the Government of India.
- It was founded on September 1, 1956, when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalized the insurance industry in India.
- Around 245 insurance companies and provident societies were merged to create the state-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Surendranath Tagore had founded Hindustan Insurance Society, which later became Life Insurance Corporation