In News: Recently, the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare along with Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched ‘Anamaya’, the Tribal Health Collaborative through video conference.
- Ministry: Minister for Health and Family Welfare
- Beneficiaries: Tribal communities of India.
- A multi-stakeholder initiative supported by Piramal Foundation and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)
- Anameya will converge efforts of various Government agencies and organisations to enhance the health and nutrition status of the tribal communities of India.
- The Piramal Foundation is a Not-For-Profit organization that aims to create replicable solutions to some of our nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Method is based on a belief that talented young people, challenged to address some of our country’s most common development issues, will find innovative solutions that are relevant, cost-effective, and applicable to the nation at large.
- In line with Millennium Development Goals, Piramal Foundation is focused on universal primary education, reducing child mortality rates, improving maternal health and improving access to safe drinking water.
- Currently work across 24 states, a lot of which is in partnership with the central and state governments.
- Developed innovative approaches and programs in every vertical and built strong partnerships
Bill and Melinda Gates foundation
- Formed in 1994, was William H. Gates Foundation, named after the father of Microsoft’s co-founder.
- The prime focus of the organisation was to improve global health.
- In 2000, the William H. Gates Foundation merged with the Gates Learning Foundation and became known as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Following an infusion of money from billionaire investor Warren Buffet in 2006, the foundation set up a separate Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Trust to handle foundation assets.
- The foundation issues grants from endowments through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Trust.
- Bill and Melinda Gates are its sole trustees.