In news- The Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, mentioned about Anaemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) strategy in the Lok Sabha recently.
Anaemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) strategy-
- It was launched in 2018 with the target to reduce anaemia in the vulnerable age groups such as women, children and adolescents in a life cycle approach providing preventive and curative mechanisms through a 6X6X6 strategy.
- The 6X6X6 strategy includes six target beneficiaries, six interventions and six institutional mechanisms to achieve the envisaged target of anaemia reduction under the POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- The strategy focuses on ensuring supply chain, demand generation and strong monitoring using the dashboard for addressing anaemia, both due to nutritional and non-nutritional causes.
- It results from a lack of red blood cells or dysfunctional red blood cells in the body.
- This leads to reduced oxygen flow to the body’s organs.
- Symptoms may include fatigue, skin pallor, and shortness of breath, light-headedness, dizziness or a fast heartbeat.
- The prevalence of anaemia among six groups as per the National Family Health Survey 5 (2019-21), is 25.0 percent in men (15-49 years) and 57.0 percent in women (15-49 years), 31.1 percent in adolescent boys (15-19 yrs), 59.1 percent in adolescent girls, 52.2 percent in pregnant women (15-49 years) and 67.1 percent in children (6-59 months)