In news- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the second phase of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT).
About AMRUT 2.0-
- It aims to provide 100% coverage of water supply to all households in around 4,700 urban local bodies by providing around 2.68 crore tap connections.
- It also envisages 100% coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities by providing around 2.64 crore sewer or septage connections, benefiting more than 10.5 crore people in urban areas.
- It would follow circular economy principles and promote the conservation and renewal of surface and groundwater bodies.
- A drinking water survey will be conducted to provide better water services to the people.
- It will promote data-led governance in water management and Technology Sub-Mission to leverage the latest global technologies and skills.
- ‘Pey Jal Survekshan’ will be conducted to promote progressive competition among cities.
- The outlay of AMRUT 2.0 is around Rs 2.87 lakh crore.