In news : Karnataka Chief Minister launched the air ambulance service recently
- The International Critical Air Transfer Team(ICATT), a Bengaluru-based air ambulance company and Kyathi, an aviation firm, launched air ambulance services for long-distance emergency travel, helicopters and land transport for last mile connectivity in the region.
- The fixed wing aircraft will be stationed at HAL airport and will be equipped with a German Isolation Pod that can be used to transport critical covid-19 patients as well.
- The introduction of an air ambulance service comes at a time when several lives have been lost due to long hours of travel time to hospitals. But cost of operations had grounded similar ventures in the past.
What is an air ambulance?
An air ambulance service is with a highly specialised medical team that helps with the transfer of critically ill and trauma patients and organs from one place to another. The medical team flies on a helicopter or a fixed-wing aircraft that is completely converted into flying ICU units it will also have the following medical equipments:
- Newborn intensive care unit (NICU) equipment
- C-reactive Protein(CRP) equipment
- State of the art stretchers
- ECGs(An electrocardiogram)
- Heart monitoring units etc.
Importance of Air Ambulance service in India
As per ICATT, over 80% of India’s population doesn’t have access to higher medical centres for them to get the required treatment they deserve, hence these patients need to be transferred to other cities, unfortunately these patients are not strong enough to travel via road ambulances as their condition will further deteriorate.
Air Ambulances cut down the travel time drastically and with a competent medical team, the patient would be transferred in the best possible manner without any spikes in their vital signs
India also has one of the highest rates of fatalities due to roadside accidents and these trauma patients need to be shifted to good hospitals in a short span of time and this can only be done via air ambulance services
The International Critical Air Transfer Team(ICATT)
- A Specialised Air Ambulance Service, ICATT is the only Comprehensive Patient Transfer Solution that is owned and led by doctors with over 14 years of domain knowledge and experience in the field of AeroMedical Transfers.
- ICATT has established the reputation of being medically led by practising ICU and air ambulance intensivists.
- ICATT provides comprehensive patient and organ transfer solutions for every medical emergency
- ICATT Air ambulance can reach any remote location in India to help the people who are in need of emergency medical care.
- ICATT provides its services in cities such as Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Tiruchi, Goa, Patna, and some more.