In News: Recently, Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to the winners in New Delhi.
AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020
- Based on the theme ‘Women Empowerment’
- AICTE finalized the winners from a total of 456 entries who competed across 6 sub themes, which include,
- Women’s Health,
- Sanitation and Hygiene,
- Women Entrepreneurship,
- Legal Awareness.
- It has been named after the 12th-century book called “Lilavati” written by the mathematician Bhaskara II. Lilavati was the daughter of Indian Mathematician Bhaskara II.
- It will ensure the participation of women and enable them to hold higher positions in educational institutions.
- Prize: In each sub-category, the top three winners will be awarded with certificates as well as prize money. The first prize winner will get Rs 1 lakh, the second winner will get Rs 75,000 and the third winner will get Rs 50,000.
Aims and Objectives
- To recognize efforts by AICTE-approved institutions to treat women with ‘equality and fairness’.
- To create awareness about issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources, and rights among women.