AI & Robotics Technology Park (ART PARK) to boost R&D and Technology innovations
A brief note on the issue
- ART PARK setup by IISc Bengaluru will work towards enabling development of technologies and products along with significant participation in line with India’s push for self-reliance
- It will promote technology innovations in intelligence (AI) and robotics leading to societal impact by executing mission mode R&D projects in healthcare, education, mobility, infrastructure, agriculture, retail and cyber security, focusing on problems unique to India
About Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Technology Park (ART PARK)
- ARTPARK, is a unique not-for-profit foundation established by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru with support from AI Foundry in a public-private model
- With seed funding of Rs. 170 Cr ($22mn) from Department of Science & Technology(DST), Govt. of India, under the National Mission on Inter-disciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS), it will bring about collaborative consortium of partners from industry, academia and government bodies
- This will lead to cutting edge innovations in terms of new technologies, standards, products, services and intellectual properties.
- It is set up as the premier research translation park with a global collaborative ecosystem.
- ARTPARK will develop AI & Robotics facilities to support technology innovations as well as capacity building through advanced skills training of students and professionals in these areas.
- It will develop Data Setu – that will enable confidentiality and privacy-preserving framework to share data and run analytics spurring the data-sharing ecosystem and create a data marketplace, boosting AI applications and solutions.
- One such service will be BhashaSetu – that will enable real-time Indic language translation, both of speech to speech and speech to text.
- This will further unlock the economic potential of the country, and enable all Indian citizens to equitably participate in the economic progress, regardless of their language.