The Union Minister of Science and Technology inaugurated the DME fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” unit
Minister inaugurated DME fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” unit along with the DME-LPG blended fuel cylinders and handed them over for common public and CSIR-NCL (National Chemical Laboratory) canteen use on a trial basis at CSIR-NCL premises
About Dimethyl ether (DME)
- DME is an ultra-clean fuel. CSIR-NCL has developed the nation’s first kind of DME pilot plant with 20-24Kg/day capacity.
- The conventional LPG burner is not suitable for DME combustion as DME density is different than LPG
- The new Burner is fully designed and fabricated by NCL for DME, DME -LPG blended mixtures and LPG combustion.
- The newly designed stove can burn with up to 30 % DME blended with LPG or 100% DME as fuel.
- The launch of this burner will also provide a significant boost to the ‘Make in India’ campaign as all the manufacturers of cylinders, gas stoves, regulators, and gas hose are domestic.
- This kind of activity may bridge the gap between demand and supply, and it can ensure energy security for the nation
- A clean cooking fuel combination of DME-LPG also safeguards the well-being of women and children.
- The DME process technology is economical, cost-effective, and scalable with in-situ product purification as well as a heat integration unit that produces pure DME.