Recently, the Minister of Tribal Affairs launched the ADI PRASHIKSHAN portal and inaugurated a three-day training programme on “Capacity Building Training of Master Trainers for ST PRI Members” as part of Azadi ka AmritMahotsav
About ADI PRASHIKSHAN portal
- The Tribal Affairs Ministry has developed the portal in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme.
- Its aim is to provide comprehensive information on training programmes held across the country.
- It is an initiative to reach the remotest area using information technology so that tribal communities are able to have access to their rights and benefits.
- It would act as a Central Repository of all training programs conducted by
- Tribal Research Institutes.
- Different divisions of the Ministry.
- National Society for Education of Tribal Students.
- Centre of Excellences funded by Ministry of Tribal Affairs and
- National Tribal Research Institute.
- It will also catalyze and improve the processes of conducting training by making it online and accessible to all.
- Unified open platform will give users access to authentic knowledge products.
Capacity Building Training of Master Trainers For ST PRI Members
- It is jointly organized by National Tribal Research Institute and Tribal Research & Development Institute, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh from 16th -19th June 2021.
- The participants of the training programme will be officers from ITDAs, District Level & Block Level Welfare Officers, NGOs, Tribal Youths, SHG Member and Sarpanches.
- This training programme will cover topics such as Constitutional Rights of Schedule Tribes, Financial and administrative management of GPs, flagship programmes of Central and State Governments.
Tribal Research Institute (TRI)
It is the research body of the Ministry of Tribal affairs at state level .
It is envisaged that TRIs should focus on their core responsibilities as body of knowledge & research more or less as a think tank for tribal development, preservation of tribal cultural heritage, providing inputs to States for evidence based planning and appropriate legislations, capacity building of tribals and persons / institutions associated with tribal affairs, dissemination of information and creation of awareness .
There are 26 Tribal Research Institute (TRIs) supported by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs,Government of India.