In news : Recently, the Prime Minister announced the winners under Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators – India (ASHA-India)
About the Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators – India (ASHA-India)
MoHUA launched ‘Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC- India)’ to identify emerging, disaster-resilient, environment friendly, cost effective and speedy construction technologies which would form the basis of housing construction in India.
The challenge has three components viz. i) Conduct of biennial Expo-cumConference named Construction Technology India ii) Identifying Proven Demonstrable Technologies from across the globe to construct Light House projects iii) Promoting Potential Future Technologies (domestic) through Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerator – India (ASHA India).
- The Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerator – India (ASHA India) initiative will support the potential future technologies developed in India by the way of incubation and acceleration.
- The aim of ASHA-India is to catalyse research and development in the housing construction sector, building materials and related products by providing a suitable platform to promote and showcase India’s vibrant and dynamic community of innovators.
- Potential Future Technologies will be invited from technologies developed in India
Aim of the scheme
ASHA-India aims to promote domestic research and entrepreneurship by providing incubation and acceleration support to potential future technologies.
- Under ASHA-India initiative, five ASHA-India Centers have been set up for providing incubation and acceleration support.
- The potential technology winners under acceleration support will be announced by the Prime Minister.
- The technologies, processes and materials identified through this initiative will provide a major fillip to young creative minds, start-ups, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Eligibility for participation under Potential Future Technologies
The two categories which are eligible for participation under Potential Future Technologies are following:
- Pre-Prototype Technologies for Incubation Support: This category is for those potential future technologies and business ideas that are at early stages and undergoing iterative design and development but are not yet market ready
- Post-Prototype Technologies for Acceleration Support: This category is for those potential future technologies that have completed prototype stage and are at various stages of readiness and requires upscaling, investment, publicity and market support
The ASHA-India Initiative will further help in developing design guidelines, construction manuals and other necessary documents relevant for the effective transfer, use and implementation of new technologies from the lab to the field.