Prime Minister will interact with and address 428 Officer Trainees belonging to various Civil Services currently undergoing the 95th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie through videoconference as a culmination of Aarambh 2020.
What is the Aarambh initiative?
- Aarambh is an initiative to bring all the probationers of All India Service, Group-A Central Service and Foreign Service together for a Common Foundation Course (CFC) with the vision to break the silos of departments and services from the very beginning of the career of a civil servant.
- Aarambh aims at making the civil servants capable of leading the transformation and work seamlessly across departments and fields.
- “Aarambh” was started as part of the 94th Foundation Course in 2019 where Officer Trainees(OTs) from 20 Services participated in a week-long programme at the Statue of Unity, Kevadia, Gujarat.
- This year, the second edition of Aarambh 2020 is taking place in LBSNAA from 14th to 31st October, 2020, in which 428 Officers Trainees from eighteen Services and three Royal Bhutan Services are participating.
The theme of Aarambh 2020 is “Governance in India @ 100” with three subthemes –
- Ek Bharat – Shresth Bharat: Cultural diversity and synergy in India as an Influencer; Economic diversity and oneness as strength
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat : in Energy, Health and building large systems for handling black swan events
- Naveen Bharat: Research & Innovation in Education, Industry and Administration.