The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in association with the North Eastern States is organized the “International Tourism Mart” (ITM) at Imphal, Manipur from 23 November to 25 November, 2019.
- This is the 8th International Tourism Mart and an annual event organised in the North Eastern region with the objective of highlighting the tourism potential of the region in the domestic and international markets.
- It brings together the tourism business fraternity and entrepreneurs from the eight North Eastern States.
- The event has been planned and scheduled to facilitate interaction between buyers, sellers, media, Government agencies and other stakeholders.
- The state government of Madhya Pradesh has also been invited to participate and give a presentation as it is a paired state with Manipur under the “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” initiative.
The International Tourism Marts are organised in the North Eastern States on rotation basis. Manipur is hosting this mart for the second time.The earlier editions of this mart have been held in Guwahati, Tawang, Shillong, Gangtok, Agartala.
- The 8th International Tourism Mart, will put the spotlight on “Sustainable Tourism an engine for Economic Growth and Employment”.
- Besides deliberations on promotion of tourism in the North East Region in general, the Mart will also give a platform for promoting cultural ties, providing enhanced connectivity to the States of North Eastern Region with other countries in our neighbourhood.