Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Vikas Khanna and IPS officer Sanjay Pandey
- The Harmony Foundation will award this year’s Mother Teresa Memorial Awards to New York-based chef Vikas Khanna and IPS officer Sanjay Pandey, Director General, Home Guards
- The theme for Harmony Foundation’s award this year is ‘Celebrating Compassion In Times Of Covid’
About Vikas Khanna
- The 45-year-old Michelin starred Indian chef, restaurateur, and cookbook writer Vikas Khanna is one of the leading personalities not only in India but is famous among the global audience too.
- His childhood love for cooking took him from the streets of Punjab to work with the Taj, Oberoi, Welcomgroup, and Leela Group of Hotels and with some of the most influential chefs of the world including Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
- Based in New York, Khanna was referred to as the “The Hottest Chef of America” and got his name on the list of the Sexiest Men Alive in the People magazine in 2011
- He is the Senior Maharashtra IPS officer Sanjay Pandey
- He is an IPS officer of the 1986 batch, is known for his investigation into several high-profile economic offences cases, including the infamous cobbler scam
About the Mother Teresa Award
- Instituted in 2005, the award celebrates the memory and legacy of Mother Teresa, canonized a Saint by Pope Francis in the Vatican.
- The Mother Teresa Awards, officially called the Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice, are international and national awards presented annually to honour individuals and organizations that promote peace, equality and social justice, and aim to encourage the cause of justice and peaceful coexistence, while providing a impetus for society to imbibe these values.
- They are an initiative of Harmony Foundation, an organization created by Dr. Abraham Mathai in Mumbai. It is the only award in the name of Mother Teresa reviewed & recognized by Sister Prema, Superior General – Missionaries of Charity
- Previous recipients of the award include Nobel laureates Malala Yousufzai, The Dalai Lama and Kailash Satyarthi.
About Harmony Foundation
The Harmony Foundation was founded in October 2005 by Dr. Abraham Mathai to establish social cohesion between various communities, castes and work towards the benefit of all the communities without any discrimination as to religion, caste, creed, gender or region.