Successful trials of Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC)
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) designed 5.56×30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials recently
- This has paved the way for induction into the services
- JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and accuracy in addition to quality trials conducted by DGQA.
What is JVPC?
- JVPC is a Gas Operated Semi Bull-pup automatic weapon having more than 700 rpm rate of fire.
- The effective range of the carbine is more than 100 m and weighs about 3.0 kg with key features like high reliability, low recoil, retractable Butt, ergonomic design, single hand firing capability, and multiple Picatinny rails etc.
- These features make it a very potent weapon for Counter Insurgency /Counter-Terrorism operations by security agencies
- The carbine has been designed as per Indian Army’s GSQR, by Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), a Pune based laboratory of DRDO.
- The Weapon is manufactured at Small Arms Factory, Kanpur while the Ammunition is manufactured at ammunition Factory, Kirkee Pune.