Source: PIB & Rural Finance and Investment Learning Centre
- The 6th World Congress was hosted by the Asia-Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA), National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and Ministry of Agriculture Farmers Welfare and Cooperation, Government of India.
- The Congress is co-organized in collaboration with four other global and regional associations:
- Confédération Internationale du Crédit Agricole (CICA)
- African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA)
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Instituciones Financieras Para el Desarrollo (ALIDE)
- Near East–North Africa Regional Agricultural Credit Association (NENARACA).
- The representatives of banks and financial institutions from over 40 countries such as China, Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. have gathered in New Delhi to deliberate on the subject of Rural and Agriculture Finance: Critical Input to Achieve Inclusive and Sustainable Development.
About Asia – Pacific Rural Agricultural and Credit Association (APRACA)
- APRACA, representing 81 member institutions from 21 countries, is a regional association that promotes cooperation and facilitates mutual exchange of information and expertise in the field of rural finance.
- Over the years it has developed a repository of knowledge in managing and serving rural financial institutions, financial inclusion and to help avert financial risks and improve efficiency.