The Minister for Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the 6th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems. The Summit saw the launch of the SAANS campaign i.e. “Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully” to control Pneumonia.
- This campaign will mobilize people’s for protecting and preventing children from pneumonia; and health personnel, governments & other stakeholders to prioritize treatment towards the control of Pneumonia — one of the most fatal childhood illnesses.
- Under the SAANS campaign, new interventions have been included like a child suffering from Pneumonia will be treated with pre-referral dose of Amoxicillin by ASHA; Pulse Oximeter will be used at the Health and Wellness Centre for identification of low oxygen levels in the blood and if required treated by use of Oxygen.
- The initiative also aims to create mass awareness about the most effective solutions for pneumonia prevention like breastfeeding, age-appropriate complementary feeding, immunization, good quality air, etc.
The web portal for home-based care of children including newborn visited by ASHA was also launched at the Summit.
The web portal for home-based care of children including newborn visited by ASHA
- This portal has all the resource materials (training materials, IEC videos, audios, banners, posters, etc.) for the home visits of ASHAs.
- The portal will also be used to monitor the progress of programs regarding home visits by ASHAs and referral of sick newborns, an intervention considered globally as game-changer to improve child survival and also improve nutritional status and overall development of children.