Indian Railway has launched a completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
About Indian Railways Human Resource Management System (HRMS)
- HRMS is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction.
- It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system
- HRMS is expected to create a big impact on the functioning of all the employees and will make them more tech savvy.
Various modules of HRMS
Chairman & CEO, Railway Board has launched following modules of HRMS & User depot useful for railway employees and pensioners via video conferencing. They are:
- Employee Self Service (ESS) module enables railway employees to interact with various modules of HRMS including communication regarding change of data.
- Provident Fund (PF) Advance module enables Railway employees to check their PF balance and apply for PF advance online. Advance processing will be online and employees will also be able to see the status of their PF application online.
- Settlement module digitizes the entire settlement process of retiring employees. Employees can fill their settlement / pension booklet online. Service details are fetched online and pension is processed online completely.
Previously launched modules of HRMS
Prior to these modules, Indian Railways has already launched other modules of HRMS like:
- Employee Master module which stores all basic information details of Railway employee
- Electronic Service Record module replacing physical Service Records storing service records of employees in digital format
- Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) module digitizing the complete process of writing annual performance Appraisal of all 12 lakh non gazetted Railway employees
- Electronic Pass module replacing the physical paper pass
- Office Order Module meant both for the issue of office Orders and updation of data on joining of new employees, promotion, transfer of employees and retirement of employees in HRMS database.