PM delivered inaugural address at 4th India Energy Forum CERAWeek through video conference
Theme of the 4th edition: “India’s Energy Future in a world of Change”.
Seven key drivers of India’s energy map
During the event Prime Minister mentioned following Seven key drivers of India’s energy map:
- Accelerating our efforts to move towards a gas-based economy.
- Cleaner use of fossil fuels particularly petroleum and coal
- Greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels.
- Achieving the renewables target of 450 GW by 2030.
- Increasing the contribution of electricity to de-carbonize mobility.
- Moving into the emerging fuels including hydrogen
- Digital innovation across all the energy systems.
A brief note on India energy forum
- India Energy was established in October 2001
- It is headquartered in New Delhi
- Forum is an Indian Organization which represents the energy sector as a whole
- The forum serves as a catalyst for the development of a sustainable and competitive energy sector in India
- The energy forum is also an independent advocate of the industry promoting practical solutions to problems affecting project development and finance in India.
- It works with companies and the Government (Centre and States) to achieve consensus on such issues as regulatory structures and policies and the role of public organizations.
- The forum works closely with multilateral and domestic companies and agencies to ensure that their products and services are responsive to the needs of the project development in India.
- In 1983, Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) was founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts by Daniel Yergin and James Rosenfield.
- The CERAWeek program provides comprehensive insight into the global and regional energy future by addressing key issues and has become the world’s premier energy event.
- The conference is distinctive in the extraordinary depth and breadth of its content, attracting global thought leaders and shaping the global energy agenda.