No. 47 Squadron of Indian Air Force currently stationed at AF Station, Adampur, completed 60 years of its glorious service to the nation. To commemorate the occasion, Diamond Jubilee celebrations were organized at Air Force Station Adampur on 14-15 February 2020.
- The Squadron was formed on 18 December 1959 at Air Force Station Halwara.
- It has operated Toofani, MiG-21 FL and MiG-29 fighter aircraft.
- The crest of the unit is a figure of a kneeling ‘Black Archer’(Nickname) with a drawn bow, depicting poised readiness.
- The motto of the unit, “Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu” is translated as “My bow is always stretched for its task”.
Role of Squadron
- The Squadron took part in both 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pak wars and won numerous accolades. T
- The Squadron continues to maintain its operational edge and has actively participated in Op Safed Sagar, Op Parakram and the operations post Balakot Strike in the Northern sector.