Janaushadhi Diwas week to be observed from 1st March to 7th March 2021
About Janaushadhi Diwas 2021
- Theme: “Seva bhi – Rozgar bhi”
- Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI), the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) is celebrating 3rd Janaushadhi Diwas on 7th March, 2021
- On this occasion, Jan Aushadhi kendras today conducted Health Checkup Camps across the country
- These health check-up camps included Blood Pressure checkup, Sugar level checkup, free doctor consultation, free medicine distribution, etc. at various Jan Aushadhi kendras.
- Jan Aushadhi Diwas week celebrations are held from 1st March to 7th March by conducting various activities like Health Checkup Camps, Jan Aushadhi Paricharcha, Teach Them Young, Jan Aushadhi ka sath, etc. across the country.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
It is a noble initiative by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India which is now making an impact on the masses in its endeavour to provide quality medicines at an affordable price. The number of stores has grown to more than 7400 and all 734 districts of the country are covered.
- Aim:Jan Aushadhi Scheme to make available quality generic medicines at affordable prices to all through Jan Aushadhi Centres, so as to reduce out of pocket expenses in healthcare.
- Ministry: Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers(Department of Pharmaceuticals)
- Vision: To bring down the healthcare budget of every citizen of India through providing Quality generic Medicines at Affordable Prices.
- Implementing agency: Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI)
Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI)
It was established in December, 2008 under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India, with the support of all the CPSUs and has been registered as an independent society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a separate independent legal entity in April, 2010.