The theme for this edition of the Fair is “Ease of Doing Business” inspired by the unique achievement of India of rising up to the 63rd rank on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index from 142nd rank in the year 2014.
- IITF offers the opportunity for large corporations, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), non-government agencies, artisans, self-help groups (SHGs), etc. to promote their products and services to a very large sample of potential customers.
- The fair is an important platform for various central and state government departments and agencies for the dissemination of information on progressive reforms, new schemes and initiatives.
- It serves as a convergence point for government agencies, private sector enterprises, and non-government institutions that have aligned their activities with the country’s development objectives.
- Several countries, including Australia, Iran, UK, Vietnam, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Hong Kong, and Indonesia, are participating in the 14-day trade fair.
- This year, the status of Partner Country has been accorded to Afghanistan, while Bihar and Jharkhand are the focus States.
- The history of IITF is closely interwoven with India’s struggle for socio-economic empowerment and industrialization and its emergence as one of the most rapidly growing and dominant global economies.
- The Fair has been a unique platform for displaying the entrepreneurial skills and ingenuity of the people of India.