In news– Prime Minister chaired the meeting of the 37th edition of PRAGATI recently.
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- The platform was launched in March 2015.
- The system has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It is an interactive platform aimed at addressing the common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Central government, as well as projects flagged by State governments.
- The PRAGATI platform uniquely bundles three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States).
- PRAGATI provides an interface and platform for all these three aspects.
- It also offers a unique combination in the direction of cooperative federalism.