In news : Union Minister of Education launched 100+ comic books created by teachers and students of CBSE schools and curated by NCERT recently
The National Education Policy 2020 envisions a shift from textbook learning to understanding concepts and making connections with real world/day-to-day activities. It also gives further impetus to all creative and out of the box thinking than rote learning. Hence, in this context, comic books aligned to chapters of NCERT textbooks across grades 3-12 have been developed as innovative pedagogical resources
Who developed them?
he comic books have been developed by the faculties of Scholastic (language), Fine Art, Performing Arts and Information Technology across 12 States/UTs – Delhi, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Jammu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.
About the cosmic books
- These comics can be accessed online on DIKSHA web portal (diksha.gov.in) or via the DIKSHA app on any android Smartphone.
- The comics can also be accessed through a new WhatsApp powered Chatbot.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, in its endeavour to provide holistic learning to students and to usher in vision envisaged in New Education Policy 2020 has launched comic books aligned to chapters of NCERT textbooks across grades 3-12.
- The comics are aligned with topics of NCERT textbooks and have specific story line and characters which students and teachers can relate to
Key features of the books
Some of the key features of these comics are:
- Each comic has been divided into smaller topics supported by worksheets and it dovetails with the learning objectives and outcomes.
- It has been created in a linear progression which will help to understand basic concepts and decrease the learning gaps.
- While deconstructing the academic content; care has been taken to address issues of gender sensitivity, women empowerment, value education among other life skills.
This innovative initiative will help in increasing the cultural and social sensitivity in our children while imparting knowledge